Careers in Finance Educational and Networking Event
On January 18, 2023, the Psaros Center for Financial Markets and Policy, in conjunction with the Georgetown Consulting and Banking (GCAB), held a Careers in Finance educational and networking event. Over 300 students were in attendance from different schools at Georgetown University.
This event featured a panel of Georgetown alumni with a range of backgrounds in Lohrfink Auditorium, moderated by Professor Lee Pinkowitz.
The speakers included:
- Feroz Khosla (B’10): Managing Director of Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs
- Sarah Logan (MBA’21): Vice President and Chief of Staff of External Affairs at BlackRock
- Dave Khalsa (MBA’12): Managing Director of Investment Banking at J.P. Morgan
- Andy Blocker (EMBA’02): Head of U.S. Government Affairs at Invesco
- Mark Schmidt (BSFS’12): Executive Director, Municipal Strategy Research at Morgan Stanley
- Sarah Schoch (B’16): Private Equity Senior Associate at Blackstone
During the panel, the alums shared their backgrounds and how they went from being Georgetown University students to their current roles. The speakers answered questions from Professor Pinkowitz and from the audience and shared advice with the students on how to best transition from Georgetown University into the financial services industry.
Following the panel, the students networked with the speakers during a reception in Fisher Colloquium.