FMQ 2021 Agenda
12 to 12:10p.m.
Welcome and introduction of the Center for Financial Markets and Policy and the Financial Markets Quality Conference by Professor Reena Aggarwal
12:10 to 1p.m.
Panel: View from the Exchanges
- Moderator: Jim Angel, associate professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Chuck Mack, head of equities, Nasdaq
- Nandini Sukumar, chief executive officer, World Federation of Exchanges
- Kevin Tyrrell, head of research, New York Stock Exchange
1 to 1:30p.m.
Fireside Chat with Robert Cook, president and chief executive officer, FINRA
Moderated by: Reena Aggarwal, Robert E. McDonough Professor of Finance and director, Georgetown Center for Financial Markets and Policy
1:30 to 2p.m.
Fireside Chat with Arne Staal, group head of benchmarks & indices and chief executive officer, FTSE Russell, London Stock Exchange Group
Moderated by: Rohan Williamson, vice provost for education, professor of finance, and the Bolton Sullivan and Thomas A. Dean Chair of International Business, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
12 to 12:05p.m.
12:05 to 12:45p.m.
Regulation and Policy Update
- Moderated by: Michael Piwowar (MBA’94), former SEC commissioner; executive director, the Milken Institute Center for Financial Markets; and distinguished policy fellow, Center for Financial Markets and Policy
- Commissioner Allison Herren Lee, SEC commissioner, U.S. Securities Exchange Commission
- Commissioner Hester Peirce, SEC commissioner, U.S. Securities Exchange Commission
12:45 to 1:30p.m.
Panel: Future of Digital Assets
- Moderated by: Lee Pinkowitz, associate professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Daniel Gallagher (C’94), chief legal officer, Robinhood
- Sarah Olsen (C’09), CIB, Blockchain, executive director, J.P. Morgan
- Haimera Workie, head of Financial Innovation & senior director, FINRA
1:30 to 2p.m.
Panel: Crypto ETFs
- Moderated by: John Jacobs, executive director, Center for Financial Markets and Policy
- Simeon Hyman, head of investment strategy, ProShares
- David LaValle (C’99), global head of ETFs, Grayscale
- Anna Paglia, managing director and global head of ETFs and indexed strategies, Invesco
12 to 12:05p.m.
Welcome by Dean Paul Almeida
12:05 to 12:40p.m.
Fireside Chat with Stacey Cunningham, president, New York Stock Exchange
Moderated by: Professor Reena Aggarwal, professor of finance, Georgetown McDonough and director, Center for Financial Markets and Policy
12:40 to 1:25p.m.
Panel: ESG Disclosure and Ratings Panel
- Moderated by: Jennie Bai, associate professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Remy Briand, head of ESG, MSCI
- Granville Martin, director of Policy for the Americas, the Value Reporting Foundation
- Laura Segafredo, global head of sustainable research, ETF and index investments, BlackRock
- Anne Simpson, interim managing investment director, Board Governance and Sustainability, CalPERS
1:25 to 2p.m.
Fireside Chat with Afsaneh M. Beschloss, founder and chief executive officer, Rock Creek Group
Moderated by: Guy Adami (B’86), original member of CNBC’s Fast Money, director of advisor advocacy, Private Advisor Group, CNBC