Financial Markets Quality Conference
October 10, 2017
The Georgetown Center for Financial Markets and Policy, in partnership with the Financial Times, hosted its annual Financial Markets Quality conference on October 10, 2017. The event was held in the Rafik B. Hariri Building, McDonough School of Business, on Georgetown University's campus.
Keynote: Mark Makepeace, Group Director of Information Services, London Stock Exchange Group and Chief Executive of FTSE Russell
Market Structure - The Vision from the Exchanges
- Chris Concannon, President and COO, CBOE Holdings
- Tom Farley, President, New York Stock Exchange
- Tom Wittman, CEO, Nasdaq Stock Exchange
Trends and Forces Driving the Capital Markets
- Mike Beller, CEO, Thesys
- Daniel Gorfine, CIO, CFTC
- Nelson Griggs, President, Nasdaq Stock Exchange
- Matthew Roszak, Co-Founder, Bloq
- Ari Rubenstein, CEO and Founder, GTS
- Bob Walley, Co-Head of Global Securities, Deloitte
Keynote: Robert Cook, CEO, FINRA
Keynote: Mary Callahan Erdoes, CEO, J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management and Adena Friedman, President and CEO, Nasdaq
Exchange Traded Products
- Reginald Browne, Senior Managing Director and head of ETF Trading, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Dan Draper, Global Head of ETFs, PowerShares by Invesco
- David LaValle, MD and U.S. head of SPDR ETF Capital Markets, State Street Global Advisors
- Ananth Madhavan Global Head of Research, ETFs and Index Investments, BlackRock
- Bibb Strench, Partner, Thompson Hine
Regulatory and Policy Environment
- Dan Crowley, Partner, KL Gates
- Stephanie Dumont, Senior Vice President, FINRA
- Donald Langevoort, Thomas Aquinas Reynolds Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Joel Oswald, Senior Partner of Financial Services, Williams & Jennings
- Margaret Paulsen, Senior Managing Director, FS Risk & Regulatory, PwC
Keynote: Commissioner Michael Piwowar, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Thank you to our sponsors and participants for supporting this event.
If you have any questions regarding public relations or social media, please have your public relations manager contact Molly Fleenor, assistant director of communications, Georgetown McDonough School of Business, at (202) 687-5254 or Molly.Fleenor@georgetown.edu.
Please find our Media Toolkit here.